* Login   * Register
Problems? Questions? Contact edwardappleby@yankeeracers.org!

Last visit was:
It is currently November 1st, 2014, 9:04 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: How long have you been a Wes fan?
PostPosted: October 9th, 2002, 3:38 pm 
Chapel Partner

I'm just curious to find out how long everyone has been on board the Wes Express(Lame I know)? Like which film got you first? What about it got you? For me, I saw Bottle Rocket first. I acctually hated it the first time as almost everyone I have ever shown it to. Its hard to break the seal of confusion but when you do it opens up a whole other world into Wes' style. It took me two more times before I realized that I was going to be a fan. It happened though in 2000 for me. I did see the movies in order first to last, but it was well after Rushmore came out that I realized how great Wes' movies were. So how about you? <p>"On the road from Johnny law, ain't no trip to Cleveland."</p>

Post subject: well
PostPosted: October 9th, 2002, 5:51 pm 
Explorer's Club (club degli esploratori)

I saw Bottle Rocket when it was 1st released on video in '96 or '97 and loved it. I went to see Rushmore (based on the strength of BR) the day it was released and also saw Tennenbaums the day it was released. So, yeah, I've been a fan since I 1st saw BR.

Post subject: Re: fan
PostPosted: October 9th, 2002, 6:34 pm 
Kite Flying Society

I saw Bottle Rocket on cable, and enjoyed it enough to make the effort to tape it. I must have lent it out to people, too, because I notice I have one of my address stickers on it.

Based on my fondness for BR, I, too, caught Rushmore in the theatre. I loved, Loved, LOVED it from the first viewing, and harangued more that one person about seeing it. ("Really! You gotta see it!!)

I loved RT, too, but Rushmore will always have a special place for me. <p>"How interesting! How bizarre!"</p>

Post subject: Re: fan
PostPosted: October 9th, 2002, 8:04 pm 
Kite Flying Society

I fell in love with Wes' movies from the first day that I saw BR on video. I had seen Owen on Conan O 'Brien promoting the film, so I kept an eye on the video release date.....
It lived up to my expectations and more....

Post subject: TRT
PostPosted: October 10th, 2002, 3:44 am 
Zero Out Here in the Car

The first time I stepped out of "The Royal Tenenbaums" I knew I had seen something unimaginably perfect.
That was back in March. <p>-John D. Moore
<A href=http://johnmoore.cjb.net/>John Moore's Productions</a> <a href=http://hans.keenspace.com/>Hans Comic Strip</a>
<a href=http://members.lycos.co.uk/johndmoore/comics/spiderwoman.htm>SpiderWoman comic book</a> (New)</p>

Post subject: thank you MTV
PostPosted: October 10th, 2002, 5:40 am 
Kite Flying Society

I first heard about Wes through MTV. He was heralded for Bottle Rocket, so I rented it and felt like I had found "the Robert DeNiro of his generation"...oh wait, I think that's supposed to be Ed Norton...
Anyway. Fan for life. It is a struggle not to jump on people when they ask who he is or what I think of his movies. It's like waving a bloody steak at a vampire. <p>" He flew the coop while we were sleepin'!"</p>

Post subject: Wes fan since...
PostPosted: October 10th, 2002, 9:16 am 
A Tenenbaum

I saw Bottle Rocket on the big screen in '96 <p>You don't see many women who like Tabasco.</p>

Post subject: Re: Wes fan since...
PostPosted: October 10th, 2002, 11:37 am 
Sudden Death Academic Probation

Wow, when I caught Rushmnore on Comedy Central about 2-3 years ago, I had to have that movie. And then I saw TRT in the theater-and my brother and I laughed our asses off. So I told all my friends to go see it and my best friend was the only one who thought it was funny. Everyone thought I was crazy. (Please stop belittling me...) Then, through the powers of the Internet, I did a little research to find other movies by this guy (Wes), and since I have always been a fan of Luke Wilson, it helped that he is in all of these movies too. I rented BR from the video store and I haven't looked back since. it is now my all-time favorite movie.

"I really want to be a part of this team. And I'm the only one with a car."

PostPosted: October 11th, 2002, 4:18 pm 
Kite Flying Society

Since the late 80s. <p><a href=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=SolidSnakeASS>My DVDs</a></p>

PostPosted: October 11th, 2002, 6:31 pm 
Kite Flying Society

I should delete that post due to it's irrelevance.... :)

PostPosted: October 11th, 2002, 6:32 pm 
Kite Flying Society

You should!

:) <p>"When I saw Bottle Rocket, I responded to its heart. I think he has a real love for people, a gentle way with people that has a charm and a beauty..." - Martin Scorsese</p>

PostPosted: October 11th, 2002, 6:41 pm 
Kite Flying Society

Since always. Aaaah. How nice.

Bottle Rocket hooked me. I really loved it, but sort of forgot about it. I think I caught it on IFC. A few years later I rented Rushmore and loved that, too. But I wasn't really paying attention to who was who and didn't make a connection until I had seen Bottle Rocket yet again and read the credits.

When I saw the trailer for TRT, I freaked. I knew I would love it immediately. I remember I made a point to whisper to my husband, "Remember that movie Rushmore? And the other one? Bottle Rocket? That's this guy!!"

<p>

<hr>"Then we built a Sizzlean-to. That was stupid, and I don’t know why we do things like that."</p>

PostPosted: October 11th, 2002, 6:59 pm 
Team Zissou

Well.....
Since 2000,when i bought Bottle Rocket DVD.
And then,i became a freaky fan! ;)

LET'S GET LUCKY!

PostPosted: October 13th, 2002, 9:12 pm 
Kite Flying Society

My post is about as irrelevent as the tape on Dignan's nose. <p><a href=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=SolidSnakeASS>My DVDs</a></p>

PostPosted: October 13th, 2002, 9:22 pm 
Kite Flying Society

Exactly.