* Login   * Register
Problems? Questions? Contact edwardappleby@yankeeracers.org!

Last visit was:
It is currently May 23rd, 2018, 2:49 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: a Cook's Tour
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2005, 8:27 am 
Chapel Partner

if anyone is a food network junkie, you might remember a tv series by the same name, it's based on a book that's kind of a travelogue written by chef Anthony Bourdain as he travels around the world in search of the perfect meal. it's really great, and i'd reccomend it to anyone. it's like if hunter s. thompson wrote about food. though not for anyone with a weak stomach. some of the stuff he eats is pretty grody. anyway it's good.

but you don't have to take MY word for it!

Post subject: Re: a Cook's Tour
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2005, 8:57 am 
Kite Flying Society

You can take mine, too. That book is AWESOME.

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2005, 10:27 am 
Max Fischer Players

Check out Kitchen Confidential, too. It's also by Tony Bourdain and it rocks. <p><!--EZCODE HR START--><hr /><!--EZCODE HR END-->You don't have scurvy. Only pirates get scurvy.<!--EZCODE BR START-->
<!--EZCODE BR END-->Pirates and me! Wait... write that down, that's a good movie title.</p>

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2005, 11:23 am 
Kite Flying Society

Aw, 'tron was a fan of his.

I watched his show on and off, and while I wasn't wild about much of the cuisine, I loved where he went to eat. He's the kind of guy that makes culinary love something available and groovy for all sorts of people. I think sometimes people in that field get a little snooty (or, they come off as snooty).

I'll check that out. Thanks, miles.

('Sup, miles?!) <p><!--EZCODE HR START--><hr /><!--EZCODE HR END--> <!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:navy;font-family:times new roman;font-size:x-small;">"And that's the whole idea of the film: it's a fake documentary; it's about fake secrecy. It's really important to me that it's all transparent, all totally coy. It's about what happens when you keep secrets, because they're transparent anyhow. Things will come out one way or another, and just because they come out doesn't mean they are true." - Jennifer Montgomery</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--></p>