* Login   * Register
Problems? Questions? Contact edwardappleby@yankeeracers.org!

Last visit was:
It is currently October 30th, 2014, 2:12 pm
View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 12th, 2006, 10:25 pm 
Kite Flying Society

Omigod, Kumar, I am crazy in love with Jim and Pam, and the sweetness of that kiss turned me into a fourteen year old girl. In fact, the fourteen-year-old DudleyGirl witnessed the confession and kiss with less drama than I did.

I really, really think the writers could do the relationship right. I read an article on the West Wing, and one of the writers said of Josh and Donna, "Once they get together, this show is over." Really? I thought. How stupid. What a lack of creativity.

Last edited by DudleyFan on July 12th, 2006, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 13th, 2006, 1:02 pm 
Kite Flying Society

spoilers
Wow, great episode, but it's going to completely change the dynamic of the show next season. I always thought of The Office as probably not having that long a run, not because it isn't good but because theres only so many places they can go with Jim and Pam, which is really the driving narrative throughout the show.

Verry funny stuff throughout (written by Steve Carell), probably Michael's funniest moment "Why are you the way that you are?" Creed shined in the episode "There's a soup kitchen in downton Scranton, great pea soup on Thursdays." And the entire "I steal all the time" section and "I never owned a refrigerator."

But immediatly after Roy left I was too pulled in by the Jim/Pam stuff to laugh, I just wanted to get back to them.

Side note: Jenna Fischer said in her tv guide blog that the webisodes would center around missing money in the accounting area of the office. Since Jim or Pam of Michael (or presumabley Dwight) won't be in the episodes, based on the finale, my strongest guess about who would have taken such money would be Creed (I steal things all the time) or Toby (It felt really good taking money from Michael...I'm going to chase that feeling).

Or it's just a clerical error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 14th, 2006, 3:20 am 
Kite Flying Society

yay. finally they grew some balls. they can either 1) play it out and then go back to square 1 after a season, like they do it on Friends or Newsradio, or 2) go somewhere crazy and end it real soon. I enjoy this show very much, but from episode 1 it is ready to end, the relationship is always just one episode away from ending the show. I'm sure if the writers have gotten thus far, they have something in store, but I dunno, all clues lead to a more conventional sitcom-esque future, with dramedy thrown in for good measure. it just does not have the real desperation or life's little triumph-type stuff from the BBC version. right now it's just an above-average sitcom, due to its cast and aesthetic. but the documentary camerawork is getting to be quite contrived now, with every single subtlety highlighted. I enjoyed the finale on a purely standard tv finale level, meaning that I'll probably forget it soon after and I'll probably also forget having written this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 11th, 2006, 9:55 pm 
In the freezer

Just read this on IMDb:
The British stars of the original The Office show are set to visit the US version of the hit comedy to shoot cameo roles. Ben Silverman, who executive produces the American version of The Office for NBC, claims employees of Slough, England paper company Wernham Hogg could find themselves sharing an office with Scranton, Pennsylvania company Dunder Mifflin. Silverman tells the New York Post newspaper, "There's a lot of love between (the casts and crews) of the two versions of the show. Expect some cameos from the UK paper company." While Silverman refuses to name which stars will be appearing, he does say the show's creator Ricky Gervais, who played cringe-worthy boss David Brent in the UK version, won't be on the US comedy anytime soon. He says, "We're going to save the big man for now."
!!!!!

Post subject: new people = boooooooooo!!!!
PostPosted: July 28th, 2006, 12:25 pm 
Wants to be a Tenenbaum

Hollywood Reporter says that there will be 3 new recurring characters on The Office starring this fall. one of them is Ed Helms from the Daily Show. I'm sorry, but I f'ing hate that guy! on the Daily Show he's always loud, over-the-top and mugging like crazy! that's pretty much the exact opposite of the comedy style The Office has established. I dunno what they'e thinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2006, 2:31 pm 
Kite Flying Society

I think Helms will work great. Sure his Daily Show persona is over-the-top, but so was Steve Carrel's. Just because they have a certain comedy style on one show doesn't mean they don't have the flexibility as a performer to do a different style. The more Daily Show cast members on the Office the better I say since they're all hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2006, 7:35 pm 
Team Zissou

The more Daily Show cast members on the Office the better I say since they're all hilarious.

Agreed and actually if I had to pick one I would pick him, he just seems like the perfect office guy. Actually that one girl would be good too, forgot her name...

Anyway I just borrowed season one from a friend and (surprisingly) enjoyed it. I thought I wouldn't get over how awesome the bbc version is and that this one wouldn't come close to it. Although the bbc one is better this is good in its own rights. Actually I'm not really a fan of Carrell being the boss which I thought I'd love but the rest of the cast is great. I can not wait for the other cast to have cameos in this version!

When does season 2 come to digital video disc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2006, 2:20 am 
Kite Flying Society

September 18th I believe (season 2)

I think Helms will be good too, I think he has the ability to underplay things, and be somewhat of a straightman, which will be funny. I really can't wait to see how the writers work out the new cast members, and the UK office cast members throughout the season, and of course how they resolve the whole Jim/Pam thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2007, 2:40 am 
Kite Flying Society

minor spoilification

What a great episode. So damned brilliant. I wained throughout the season about what I thought of the direction of the show and the consistency and quality, but this was so well handled. I was waiting for Jim to come back near the end, and he did, but they didn’t push it, they just set up a possibility and didn’t do something too dramatic. That was lovely, and perfect, and the tag was hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2007, 1:32 am 
Kite Flying Society

Loraxaeon, I was delirious with happiness over the ending.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2007, 1:00 am 
Explorer's Club (club degli esploratori)

Hey, a Yankee Racer forum, who knew? I was on vacation and just watched the last episode on iTunes. Totally agree with what ya'll said about the last episode, good stuff. I've really grown to love this show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2007, 3:44 pm 
In the freezer

I really think the second half of this season is some of the best television I have ever seen. I've watched some of the episodes 5 times now. I can't get enough.

And of course, I too am quite pleased with the season finale. So well handled.

Post subject: Re: The Office (US)
PostPosted: June 16th, 2011, 9:37 am 
Sudden Death Academic Probation

Steve Carell left the series. I'm upset