* Login   * Register
Problems? Questions? Contact edwardappleby@yankeeracers.org!

Last visit was:
It is currently July 25th, 2014, 11:19 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Latest Paste sampler, Yankee Racers co-founder Corey
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 12:32 pm 
A friend of a friend

Hey everybody,

It's me, Corey (olwiggum). Some of you folks may not know me. I'm one of the founders of the YankeeRacers board. I haven't been around much lately and I apologize about that. I've spent the better half of the last 2 years shooting footage for a documentary about current Muscle Shoals music. When people talk about Shoals music, they focus on the past. While I'm really proud of the music that came out of here in the 60s, 70, and 80s, I'm ready people to know about what's going on here now.

In my time working on the movie, I was given the chance to sit in with one of my favorite local bands (Lauderdale) after the bass player quit. It was originally only going to be for a show or two, but it kinda stuck and I ran with it. We finished recording the album that they had started and we released it this summer. We've been busy trying to get our name out there as much as possible. We were very proud when Paste magazine chose one of our songs to be on the sampler CD that is included in the November issue.
You can also hear some more of our songs on our Myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/Lauderdalemusic

I would also like to add that I am very pissed that our local theater didn't get "The Darjeeling Limited". Bastards.

Thanks for reading. I'll try to be around more often.
Corey
-olwiggum

Post subject: Re: Latest Paste sampler, Yankee Racers co-founder Corey
PostPosted: October 31st, 2007, 2:01 pm 
In the freezer

Sweet, good to hear from wiggum. Oddly, I just (finally!) subscribed to Paste. I don't know why I didn't when the TLA issue came out. I now have even more to look forward to!

Post subject: Re: Latest Paste sampler, Yankee Racers co-founder Corey
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 7:02 pm 
Team Zissou

We oldtimers miss you round here Wiggum! But I must say that is pretty damn awesome.