* Login   * Register
Problems? Questions? Contact edwardappleby@yankeeracers.org!

Last visit was:
It is currently April 25th, 2014, 3:59 am
View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Re: Eric Anderson's Book
PostPosted: March 12th, 2005, 11:07 am 
Kite Flying Society

That's kinda mysterious. :lol
<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0811839206/qid%3D1110640182/202-0242467-7782243">www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0811839206/qid%3D1110640182/202-0242467-7782243</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p>------------------
"When I was a little kid I wanted to know what caused thunder."
</p>

PostPosted: March 12th, 2005, 4:54 pm 
Team Zissou

Oh WOW!!! Lucky me.
I shall order it now! :)

PostPosted: March 13th, 2005, 9:10 am 
Kite Flying Society

You know, after I griped about it, I thought... that's fair. The U.S. gets everything else Anderson first. Have a good time, Blumie. :] <p><!--EZCODE HR START--><hr /><!--EZCODE HR END-->"Me no big big potato spook fork tomorrow? Kevin have big shiny face like hand of chicken soon with funky crazy Sesame Street jammy jam." - Khe Sahn.
</p>

PostPosted: March 13th, 2005, 12:25 pm 
Kite Flying Society

But make sure to make pics of it and post them here! ;) <p>------------------
"When I was a little kid I wanted to know what caused thunder."
</p>

PostPosted: March 18th, 2005, 2:16 pm 
Sudden Death Academic Probation

Actually, it <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>is</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> available here in the States - mine arrived yesterday via abebooks.com. They have a few (3 to be exact) preview copies available. See this link:
<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?tn=chuck+dugan" target="top">Abebooks Chuck Dugan is AWOL search</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->
I've got some scans of the book just in case you think you don't need it! They are links via my school homepage - the resolution is too wide I think to fit on here.
<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~mthumphr/dugan.jpg" target="top">Pic 1</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->
<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~mthumphr/dugan1.jpg" target="top">Pic 2</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->
<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~mthumphr/dugan2.jpg" target="top">Pic 3</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->
<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~mthumphr/dugan3.jpg" target="top">Pic 4</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->
So probably a first come, first serve thing on the Abebooks site. It's worth the cheaper than amazon price. Also, it's turning out to be a quick read, BUT, with one or two images every couple of pages, it doesn't feel like a quick read. Excellent binding for those who are into that kind of thing.

Edited by: micaht at: 3/18/05 12:21 pm

PostPosted: March 18th, 2005, 2:23 pm 
Kite Flying Society

michaht! Awesome, thank you!

That first scan -- seems to describe precisely the movie that HvB wanted Wes to make. :) Maybe he will someday.

Post subject: Unknown
PostPosted: June 16th, 2005, 4:56 pm 
Wants to be a Tenenbaum

(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Post subject: BUMP
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2005, 1:14 pm 
Voluntary patient

. <p><!--EZCODE HR START--><hr /><!--EZCODE HR END--> "There’s never any time to have too much self-doubt" - Wes Anderson </p>

Post subject: Re: BUMP
PostPosted: June 29th, 2005, 11:49 pm 
Kite Flying Society

good call chelsea.. have you read this book? i feel like i'm the only one!

PostPosted: June 30th, 2005, 7:56 am 
Voluntary patient

I got 'stuck'. had no time ... I was hoping to read it on this upcoming long weekend. <p><!--EZCODE HR START--><hr /><!--EZCODE HR END--> "There’s never any time to have too much self-doubt" - Wes Anderson </p>

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2005, 3:49 am 
Kite Flying Society

i highly recommend chuck dugan.. it's maps make it a fairly fast read. he puts maps in the middle of sentences sometimes; its soo cool!

Post subject: ...AWOL
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2005, 12:31 pm 
Chapel Partner

I've reread the book four more times and it never ceases to amuse me, or fascinate me, for that matter. I love Eric Chase's tendency to keep sharp, crisp lines neat in all his drawings - all very similar to maps. As for his actual maps, they are exceptionally fun to look at and visualize.

If Chuck Dugan were a real person, I would hunt him down and marry him. Legally.

"Ah well, it's a lovely night... Pardon me, your shirt is on fire. <!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">This</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--> <!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">is</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--> <!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">not</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--> <!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">a</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--> <!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">drill</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END-->." :lol

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>
-Trivyt</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <p>----------------------------------------------------------------
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people." -Orson Welles
----------------------------------------------------------------</p>

Post subject: Re: ...AWOL
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2005, 12:54 pm 
Kite Flying Society

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I would hunt him down and marry him. Legally.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END-->

Ohhh, Purple. I just heart you! Heh. :) <p><!--EZCODE HR START--><hr /><!--EZCODE HR END--> <!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:navy;font-family:times new roman;font-size:x-small;">"And that's the whole idea of the film: it's a fake documentary; it's about fake secrecy. It's really important to me that it's all transparent, all totally coy. It's about what happens when you keep secrets, because they're transparent anyhow. Things will come out one way or another, and just because they come out doesn't mean they are true." - Jennifer Montgomery</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--></p>

PostPosted: July 7th, 2005, 3:54 pm 
In the freezer

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Chuck Dugan Is AWOL</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> is The Georgia Straight's (seemingly a Vancouver lifestyle magazine) <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.straight.com/content.cfm?id=11399">Book Choice of the Week</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p><!--EZCODE HR START--><hr /><!--EZCODE HR END-->I never liked kids. They're like small drunk adults. </p>Edited by: KumarsTouch at: 7/7/05 2:55 pm

PostPosted: July 9th, 2005, 1:01 am 
Kite Flying Society

i'm so relieved to know other people have read it.. i expected nothing less from the people on this board, but i'd seen no evidence of anyone reading it.